Coronavirus - Covid-19
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways.
Stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus, save lives and protect the NHS.
On Monday, the government announced strict new measures to tackle the spread of coronavirus. People must now stay at home and only leave their homes when absolutely necessary.
- only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work
- stay two metres (6ft) away from other people
- wash your hands as soon as you get home.
Full guidance about staying at home and away from others can be found on the gov.uk website
Read on to find out what this means for council services.
For the latest on local advice and services visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/coronavirus
For health information and advice visit www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
Daily the situation and lates advice is changing so it is important to keep up to date.
Remember ... Catch it, bin it, kill it
- Good hand hygiene is a must and the most effective way to clean your hands is thoroughly washing with soap and water.
- Alcohol-based gels are helpful if you are somewhere without access to soap and water.
- If you have sneezes, cough or cold symptoms, follow the NHS advice: catch it, bin it, kill it.