Job Vacancy: Banwell Parish Council
Communications, Marketing & Grant Funding Officer
Part time – approximately 8hrs a week
Salary Grade Scale 7 to 12 (depending on experience)
full-time equivalent of £20,092 to £22,183 (£10.44 - £11.53 per hour)
Some other evening & weekend work in Banwell will be required.
Banwell Parish Council is a progressive, ambitious council wanting to more fully engage with our community to develop environmentally and financially sustainable local services and a resilient, inclusive community. We are looking for a resourceful and innovative individual, who has the motivation to spread the message of the great work that is going on locally, to join us in the newly created post of Communications, Marketing & Grant Funding Officer.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing an engagement and communications strategy, building relationships with local residents, groups, businesses and volunteers. The ideal applicant will have previous experience of communications & marketing strategies, grant funding and will have excellent IT and social media skills.
This new role will help us;
- Improve our social media presence
- Increase awareness and help run the services, events and projects provided by the Council
- Raise the profile of Banwell as a place including our vibrant local voluntary sector
- Develop innovative ways to engage with all areas of our community
- Deliver targeted campaigns and marketing initiatives that support our priorities
- Identify & apply for a variety of grants to fund Parish Council projects & initiatives
Closing date for applications: Midday Friday 30th October 2020.
Interviews & presentation to be held Monday 16th November by zoom.