Grants and Donations
Provided by New Banwell Solar following the installation of the solar farm near Towerhead will / has helped the following:
- Resurfacing a local footpath leading from the football club, regularly used by walkers and the football club.
- Banwell Primary School for an environmental area around their pond.
- Banwell Scouts for their outside area around their new building.
- Youth & Community Centre works to improve the energy efficiency of the building by replacing the doors.
Further grants and donations
Grants and donations from Parish Council funds have also been made to the following:
- Churchill & Langford Community
- Dial North Somerset
- Vision North Somerset
- Marie Curie
- Wellspring Counselling
If you have any suggestions for further projects that the Parish Council can support, please contact us.
Just for clarification – Bilbie Grange Section 106 Developers Contribution
It was advertised that £221,000 will be given to Banwell. Just for clarification these contributions were agreed by North Somerset with Bellway Homes over four years ago. The only payment coming directly to the Parish Council is £38,000 for the Recreation Ground paid in two phases. Directly coming into the village is the following.
- £11,000 for Banwell Football Club
- £1,800 for YMCA Dulverton to organise Banwell Youth Club Activities (Summer Youth Club &overnight stay)
- £4,000 for Godding Lane (undertaken by North Somerset)
The rest of the money will be given to North Somerset to be used for the following.
- Children’s Services
- Churchill Academy
- Library Services
- Travel Packs